Do you get the January blues? I used to be upset with myself when I lost interest and energy during January. It has been a regular event for quite a few years. When the January winds blow in, I want to hibernate.
I have not checked out why this happens, but I now embrace it. I expect the yearly event and prepare myself for a few weeks with the blues.
As much as possible, I combat my blues with positive actions. Here are a few examples. Maybe you have some more ideas.
- Daily morning time curled in my big chair with a blanket, hot tea, and my Bible and devotionals
- Hot beverages available all day
- Slippers and leggings
- Sabbatical from various monthly meetings
- Good movies
- Many books
- Quiet evenings at home
- Walks with my dog
- Limited phone calls and less social media time
- Time to plan and moments to be thankful
- Cuddly cats
My January blues do not seem so uncomfortable now, though I do look forward to the return of energy and sunny skies.